Today new reveals were made about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator, including aircraft and scenery.
Beta testers for the Airbus A320 by Fenix Simulations have been allowed to start showcasing the aircraft.
The aircraft does not have a release date just yet, but we already know that it’ll be priced at £49.99.
We also get to see the classic L-4H Grasshopper by Flight Replicas. While it’s basically complete, the developer would like to experiment more before releasing it.
Aerosoft and Sim-Wings also announced Gran Canaria Airport (GCLP). As a relevant tourist destination, it’s another interesting addition for the simulator’s scenery.
We already know that it will be priced at €20.45 and should be coming soon.
Update: the airport has been released and it’s currently available at Aerosoft’s own store.
Below you can read about what you can expect and watch a trailer.
- Highly detailed Gran Canaria Airport scenery
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Runway with real elevation profile (sloped) and on a lower level then the Apron of the airport
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Intensive use of PBR Materials to build realistic surface for all Buildings and Objects
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands
- Extremely detailed Gran Canaria airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models with Lighteffects while moving
- Functional windsocks
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- Real working VDGS Docking Systems with Aerosoft VDGS Modules
If you’d like to read more about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow. We also have a beta preview of Singapore Changi airport.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.