Third-party developers revealed plenty of new assets about upcoming add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator and released two airports.
We hear that the de Havilland Canada DHC-1 Chipmunk by Aeroplane Heaven is “on final” and the release is “imminent.”
A toon of screenshots have been published on the official website alongside a list of features.
- All new hi-fidelity models with superb detail
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built over contemporary detailed plans and drawings
- Authentic cockpit detail includes many bespoke animations and effects.
- Full PBR materials and textures include realistic “pillowing” of metal surfaces.
- Separately modelled military pilots selected automatically via camera views in cockpit.
- Removable pilots based on the weights window
- Switchable navigation instruments work with period style radios
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance based on real flight tests.
- Specially authored WWise Hi-Fidelity sound package.
- Unique code to “iron” out poor simulator tail-dragger performance.
- Choice of T10 long canopy or Bubble canopy models.
… and liveries.
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Standard RAF trainer
- Manchester University Air Cadet Squadron
- Irish Air Corps
- Prototype (tribute scheme)
- RCAF (Long canopy)
- RCAF (Bubble canopy)
- British Army
- Civilian Bubble canopy (fictional)
- Royal Navy Trainer
- Danish Air Force Trainer
- RAF “Skylarks” Aerobatic Team
- Victoria Aero Club Trainer (Restored Queensland Air Museum)
- Plain texture (paintkit)
An announcement came from Burning Blue Design, which is working on Rochester Airport (EGTO) in the UK.
It’s another small general aviation airport from the developer, and you can check out a few screenshots below.
Moving on to releases, Just Flight launched Lanzarote Airport (GCRR) in the Canary Islands.
It can be purchased on the developer’s own store for €16.95.
- High-definition textures and objects
- Animated jetways
- Working VDGS (Visual Docking Guidance System)
- Animated objects such as palm trees, flags, windsocks, fans and passengers
- Modelled interior of terminals 1 and 2
- Highly accurate ground textures and elevation
- Lifelike custom signs to help you find your way around the airport
- Realistic approaches to Runway 21 and 03 supported with real-world glideslopes
Last, and not least, MXI Design released Örebro Airport (ESOE) in Sweden.
It’s available on SimMarket for $10.54 plus applicable VAT.
- Up to date ground layout
- High detailed ground polygons and markings
- High detailed modeled airport buildings for best rendition of the airport
- PBR implementation to airport buildings
- Basic interior model of both terminals for gives a depth
- Animated passengers and flags
If you’d like to learn more about Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out our brand new interview with head of Microsoft Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann about the 40th Anniversary Edition, the world update, and more.
If you’re curious about Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, you can enjoy our recent reviews of Anchorage International Airport, Fenix’s Airbus A320, West Virginia International Yeager Airport, Kansai International Airport, Toronto Pearson Airport, the Twin Otter, Auckland International Airport, Skiathos Airport, Athens International Airport, Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport, Amami Airport, Bristol Airport, Marrakech Menara Airport, Great Britain Central, Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport, Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Kraków Airport, Fukuoka City & Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Chongqing City & Airport, Manila Airport, Santiago Airport, the Frankfurt City Pack, Key West Airport, the Okavango Delta, Bali Airport, London Oxford Airport, Berlin Brandenburg Airport, the CRJ 550/700, the PA-28R Arrow III, Kristiansand Airport, Macau City & Airport, Bonaire Flamingo Airport, Milano Linate Airport, the Singapore City Pack, Tokyo Narita Airport, Yao Airport, the F-15 Eagle, the Paris City Pack, Greater Moncton Airport, Tweed New Haven Airport, Santorini Airport, Sydney Airport, Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, Reggio Calabria Airport, Bastia Poretta Airport, Munich Airport, Paris Orly Airport, Newcastle International Airport, Sankt Johann Airfield, Dublin International Airport, and Seoul City Wow.
We also recently published a review of the Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition, which is a great controller for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
If you want to learn more about the game itself, you can read our review which will tell you everything you need to know about Asobo Studio’s game.