One of the most talked about anime released this year has been Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Created by Trigger Studio (Kill La Kill, SSSS.Gridman), the series is set within the Cyberpunk 2077 universe, following original characters not seen in the 2020 title. The show has received critical acclaim, with the series currently sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, and has since become one of Netflix’s most viewed anime.
The series has become so popular that Cyberpunk 2077 saw an increase in its player count on PC, with a 550% increase in base player count, according to Steam Charts.
But, it’s not just critics or anime fans that have fallen in love with the new series. Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima recently praised the series. Over on Kojima’s official English Twitter account, he called it “a miracle of squeezing the trigger to the world!”
Kojima even gave kudos to the art, and world design Trigger managed to create, comparing it favorably to Cyber City OEDO 808, an OVA series from the early ’90s.
Kojima’s reaction to the series is pretty entertaining to see, especially when you remember that he had a cameo in the game, where he was seen in a hotel bar explaining his ideas for an upcoming project.
For more on Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, check out our article about what Cyberpunk 2077 characters are in the series.
- Will There be a Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Season 2? Answered
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Explains the Real World Implications of Cyberpsychosis Better Than the Game
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Releases Tragically Beautiful “I Really Want to Stay At Your House” Music Video
- All of the Music in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners
- Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Creator Showcases Beautiful Alternative Ending Fan Art (Spoilers)