Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15746
- Manufact./Publisher: Sim Skunk Works
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.2.4
The Lockheed Martin F-104 Starfighter is a single-engine, supersonic interceptor aircraft which was extensively deployed as a fighter-bomber during the Cold War.
- Highly detailed model, fully animated, both cockpit and fuselage
- Highly detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
- Complete 3D-lights systems both internal and external
- Multinational liveries
- A complete paintkit available here
- Almost all real systems have been modelled and working as the real thing
- Flight dynamics modelled 99% close to the real aircraft
- Fully tested and validated by qualified real-world F-104 pilot
- Aerodynamic pitch up, inertia coupling and BLC system reproduced
- Payload drop actually changes aircraft weight, balance and drag as well
- Inertial navigator Litton LN-3 fully implemented
- Fully functional and close to real NASARR R-15, A/G and A/A mode with:
- STT (Single track target)
- GROUND MAP PENCIL
- GROUND MAP SPOILER
- CONTOUR MAP
- TERRAIN AVOIDANCE
DDI (DYNAMIC DRAG INDEX)
The SSW F/RF-104G uses the Dynamic Drag Index concept; i.e. when you load/drop external loads not only is the GW changed but also the drag coefficient is affected and the model aerodynamics change accordingly. This is particularly important in the F-104 where external loads affect greatly the dynamic behaviour of the model.
A custom sound set has been developed from scratch, using live recording to give you a full immersion into the Zipper environment. If you are a Zipper fan,you will enjoy staying outside and 'playing' with the throttle, listening to it's unique voice.
The model comes with complete docs including:
- Three pilot checklists (normal, emergency,weapon procedures)
- Zipper hints (a doc that help the pilot to use it effectively)
- NASAR R15A simple user guide
- Original 700-page Flight Manual in PDF format
- User support help desk at [email protected]
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 or later (suggested version 21H or later)
- CPU: Intel i5 at 3 GHz or higher
- RAM: 16 GB or higher
- 4 GB available on community folder
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1060 or higher
- Fixed a bug cutting fuel over 10k feet (resulting from SU 9)
- Fixed an abnormal consumption bug
- Fixed a bug showing a thick cloud of white smoke coming into the aircraft (resulting from SU 10) It is recommended to set a dead zone of 3-4% at the end of the throttle axis
- Sim update 9 introduced a code break or bug related with afterburner, fuel flow and throttle position.
- This results in a fuel flow cut above 10K feet when afterburner is lighted and throttle above 99%, reducing RPM down to idle.
- It affects also models that do not use the new fuel system and also even if they do not use afterburner.
- The code break or bug was partially fixed restoring an old engine model without native afterburner, this does not affect flight envelope that remains still valid as before.
- It has been necessary modify both engine and flight model to achieve such result.
- It has been reported that the fix does work for majority of joysticks but not all however.
- Therefore issue should be considered mitigated but not fixed at 100%.
- It may happen that users should set a +1% up to +3% of dead zone on "upper extremity dead zone" of joystick L-AXIS Z to completely solve the issue, this should be done to avoid throttle to reach 100% that triggers the issue.