Putting the story aside, one of the biggest reasons to pick up Splatoon 3 is being able to hop online with friends and inking other players in multiplayer matches. What’s arguably the best part of Splatoon 3’s online multiplayer is its support for groups as large as eight or as small as two. After you’ve finished the tutorial, you can move onto learning how to play online multiplayer with friends in Splatoon 3.
How To Play Online Multiplayer With Friends in Splatoon 3
To play online multiplayer with friends in Splatoon 3, specifically for Regular Battle, Anarchy Battle (Series) and Anarchy Battle (Open), follow along with the steps below. Keep in mind you’ll need Nintendo Online if you wish to play online.
- Create your Inkling and finish the tutorial.
You can knock this one out in about 10 minutes. When it’s finished and you’ve arrived at the central square, you can move onto online multiplayer.
- Open the menu with X, select Lobby within the Map tab, then enter the Battle Pot.
The Battle Pot has the same crossed arrows icon, which you’ll see just as you enter the Lobby.
- Toggle “With Friends” using the Right directional button of the D-Pad, then cycle through a game mode you’d like to play.
- To invite players, press Y to create a room; to join friends, select their name instead.
If you create a room, you can set voice chat options as well as a password.
How to Play Multiplayer in Salmon Run in Splatoon 3
In the event that you’d like to play Salmon Run online with your friends, the steps are a bit different from the other modes.
- Reach level 4 in Splatoon 3.
- Open the game menu, select the Map tab, then choose Grizzco. Speak with him to get started.
- At the menu, toggle “With Friends” with the Right directional button on the D-Pad.
- To invite friends, press Y to create a room; to join friends, select their name from the list.
That’s all you need to know on how to play online multiplayer with friends in Splatoon 3. For more on the Splatoon series, find out here how to use Amiibos. Afterwards, improve your skills through the use of Squid Rolling in Splatoon 3.
Featured Image Source: Nintendo
- 5 Tips to Help You Become a Better Splatoon 3 Player
- How to Get Tricolor Battles in Splatoon 3
- How to Power Up the Splatfest Tee in Splatoon 3
- How to Get Conch Shells in Splatoon 3
- All Gear in Splatoon 3, Listed